Personal Information we may collect
Some information we may collect from customers, contractors and other persons is “personal information” under the Privacy Act. Generally this includes any information which can be used to personally identify you, such as
- Current residential or business address
- Contact details
- Proof of identity (for example passport or drivers licence number)
- Financial information
- Credit history and trade references (if you are applying for credit terms)
- Employment history, working eligibility and referee details (if you are applying for employment)
Other Information we may collect
Other information we may collect is not personal information because it does not identify you personally. This information may be retained with your personal information, such as
Your product preferences and details of goods you have purchased from us
- Marketing preferences including the type of marketing material you wish to receive and the methods of the delivery
- Information provided to you, for example to fulfil service and warranty obligations
- Information you provide to us in any manner, for example, telephone or email communications or personal contact with our employees or contractors and via our website
- Computer identification information when you use a computer, tablet, smart phone to interact with us
Sensitive and unsolicited information
We do not collect or hold sensitive information about you. Sensitive information includes information about your health, your race, ethnic origin and religious beliefs.
If we receive personal information about you which we have not requested we may de-identify or destroy it if we determine that this unsolicited information is not reasonably necessary for or related to our business activities. We will do this to protect you privacy but without the need to notify you.
How we collect personal information
We usually collect personal information from you directly but sometimes personal information may be provided about you by other persons.
Personal information may be collected in the following ways
- If you communicate directly with us by any method, for example telephone, email, SMS and other electronic communications.
- When you access and use our website
- When you complete an Account Application Form (including any Director’s Guarantee)
- If you apply for credit terms
- When you order or return goods including warranty claims
- When you register as a member, sign up for a mailing list or product announcements, newsletters or other marketing material
- When you interact with us during promotions or special events
- When you share content with us or make a general enquiry
We may also collect personal information about you from other parties, including
- Credit reporting agencies (for example Veda Advantage) or entities which provide commercial credit references (for example Dunn & Bradstreet) or people you authorise us to contact in relation to an account application
- Nominated referees in an employment application or otherwise as you authorise us
Visiting our website
Our website is limited to browsing: you are not identified and no personal information is collected or stored about you. Our web server only collects anonymous information regarding the number of visitors to the site, the number of pages viewed and the pages most frequently viewed.
How we hold your personal information
We may hold the personal information we collect about you in either electronic or hard copy (for example paper) form.
Hard copy information is retained in our files which are maintained in a secure environment onsite at our head office. Electronic information is stored on our computer systems, which are held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
We endeavour to take reasonable measures to ensure your personal information under our control is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Purpose of collection of your personal information
We collect your personal information for purposes including (but not limited to the following purposes) (“the Purposes”).
- Consider and if applicable, set up and maintain an account for you
- Consider whether to extend credit and if so, on what terms
- Investigate the credit-worthiness of a customer or guarantor
- Provide you with goods and any associated services you request from us
- Communicate with you about our goods and associated services
- Communicate with you in relation to our promotional activities
- Answer your questions and provide you with information and advice about our goods
- Respond to warranty or other claims
- Create purchase orders, tax invoices and other transactional documents
- Administrative, marketing, research and product development and security reasons
- Provide to third parties but only for the purpose of assisting us or you in relation to the provision of our goods and associated services, for example, delivery services
- Consider and respond to complaints
- Comply with all applicable law
- Assess your suitability for a position at Australian IT
- Services Group either as an employee or an independent contractor
Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose your personal information but only to the extent reasonably required in relation to any of the Purposes including (but not limited to the following persons)
- Our employees, contractors or other persons but only to the extent reasonably required for us to properly service our customers. Such other persons might include information technology or data service providers, publishers and mail houses, administrative service providers, couriers, etc
- Our lawyers, accountants and other professional advisers.
As part of our business activities and to promote our brands and the goods and associated services we supply, we may use your personal information to provide you with direct marketing material.
If you have indicated a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to comply with this.
You can opt out of receiving such marketing material at any time by notifying us or using any provided opt out links.
We do not provide your personal information to other parties for direct marketing purposes.
How you may access your personal information
You are generally entitled to access your personal information held by us. However, if your request is unlawful or may interfere with the privacy of another person we may reasonably refuse your request
If you wish to access your personal information please contact our Privacy Manager by using the contact details provided below.
We will provide you with access within a reasonable period. If it is practical, we will provide your personal information via your preferred method. We will not charge you a fee for this.
If we refuse access we will provide you with a notice explaining the grounds of such decision and provide you with details about how to make a complaint about this refusal.
Correction of your personal information
If you believe that any personal information about you held by us is incorrect, you have a right to request us to correct that information. Please contact our Privacy Manager to make this request. We will deal with your request within a reasonable period.
If we do not agree with your correction request, we will provide you with a notice explaining the grounds of our decision and provide you with details about how to make a complaint about this.
If you believe your privacy has been breached, please contact our Privacy Manager setting out the circumstances and reasons for your complaint.
We will respond to your complaint within a reasonable time having regard to the nature of it and all the circumstances.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you can contact us to discuss your concerns or lodge a complaint with the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).
Overseas disclosure of personal information
As far as is possible, we will take reasonable action to ensure that an overseas recipient complies with the Australian privacy laws relating to your personal information.
Australian IT Services Group
444 Gardeners Rd, Alexandria, NSW 2015
Phone +612 9331 7799
Email: Click to Send E-Mail